Navigating the UK spouse visa application process can be a daunting task, but this step-by-step guide will help simplify the process and provide you with essential information to ensure a smooth application experience.
- Introduction: The UK spouse visa, also known as the family visa, allows non-British and Irish nationals to join their British or settled partner in the UK. This guide will walk you through each step of the application process.
- Determine eligibility: Before starting the application process, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements. These include being in a genuine relationship, meeting the financial and English language requirements, and having suitable accommodation in the UK.
- Gather required documents: Collect all necessary documents, such as marriage or civil partnership certificates, proof of income, proof of English language proficiency, and evidence of your relationship.
- Complete the online application: Fill out the online application form, providing accurate and detailed information about yourself and your partner.
- Pay the government fees: Pay the application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), which grants you access to the National Health Service (NHS) during your stay in the UK.
- Biometrics appointment: Book and attend a biometrics appointment to provide your fingerprints and a digital photograph. This appointment is crucial for obtaining your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).
- Submit the application and supporting documents: Send your completed application and supporting documents to the appropriate UKVI address or submit them at a visa application centre.
- Monitor your application status: Track your application status online and respond promptly to any requests for additional information or documentation from UKVI.
- Receive your decision: Expect to receive a decision on your application within 12 weeks, although processing times may vary.
- Collect your Biometric Residence Permit: If your application is successful, collect your BRP from a designated Post Office or UKVI service point within ten days of your arrival in the UK.
Remember, each case is unique, and it’s essential to seek expert advice to ensure the best chance of success. Reach out to Immtell for tailored assistance with your UK spouse visa application.